The Distribution unit in Rockhill is designed to write down stream petroleum products, including petroleum distributors and retail operations, propane wholesale and retail, bulk oil distributors, used oil recyclers, crude oil haulers, and common carriers of propane and petroleum products.
With an office in Conway, Arkansas, Rockhill Distribution is led by Doug Strange and Tom Mullaney, who bring experienced underwriting, risk engineering and claims staff.
The Rockhill Underwriting Managers Distribution program will focus on downstream petroleum based classes which includes:
Petroleum Marketer or Oil Jobber
- Intent is to include these operations in their capacity as wholesalers, retailers or a combination of both. This will include retail gas stations and convenience stores, non-operated retail location (LRO).
- Intent is to fit dealers into this class that are mainly delivering to industrial or residential operations with a minimum exposure of servicing, installation, or selling of equipment.
- Exposures must be predominantly wholesale or retail deliveries to qualify.
- Distributors must also follow all federal regulations, including written procedures for “gas check,” new customers, out of gas and driver emergency training.
- Installation, service, or repair of customer’s equipment must not exceed 50% of total sales; a licensed or certified technician must perform all service work and installation or removal of non-owned below ground storage tanks.
- The intent is to include operators that deliver bulk oil products either packaged or in bulk to retail stores. We are not a market for operators that repackage product or blend over 50% of the product they deliver.
Crude Oil Haulers
- Intent is to include operators that pick-up and deliver oil from fields, terminals, or pipelines and deliver crude oil to refineries.
Used Oil Haulers
- Intent is to include operators that pick-up used oil from retailers and deliver to oil recylcers. We will not accept risks that recycle products.
- Operations of asphalt sprayers, spreaders or batch plants
- Blending or mixing of oil for retail sales
- Transportation of hazardous waste
- Transportation of any type of waste to a Superfund site
- Ownership, operation, rental or control of a site used to store, treat or dispose of hazardous waste
- Ownership, operation, rental or control of a Superfund site
- Retail home heating fuel
Common Carriers of Petroleum Products
- Intent is to include those transportation companies that carry petroleum products such as propane, gasoline, home heating fuel and bulk oil.
- Auto Liability
- Auto Physical damage
- General Liability
- Inland Marine
All risks will be written on Plaza Insurance company paper: A- XII (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best.